The Vine is a community of people lingering with God, learning from God
and loving like God together in Humansdorp, Jeffreys Bay and St Francis Bay.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Testimony Tuesday - He saw me

Yesterday we were talking about Hagar, and that, despite awful circumstances, God saw her. This happened to me, too.

There was a time in my life when God showed me that a particular relationship in my life was harming my relationship with Him. I needed to end it. It was a very hard time and I thought that my heart would never be the same. I cried a lot. A lot.

I used to go for a walk every morning during that time. It was a good time to enjoy the fresh air and my beautiful surroundings. Often I would feel God's presence as I walked, partly in His creation. This was a real comfort to me.

One morning, as I walked across the road, I walked under a tree. A drop of water from a leaf fell onto my cheek as though a tear had come out of my own eye. I suddenly realised that God was telling me that He knew how much pain I was in and He was weeping, too.

I often remember the story about Mary and Martha when Lazarus had died. Jesus knew that Lazarus would be raised from the dead, and yet He felt such compassion for the sisters and for His friend that He wept.

A verse that meant a lot to me in that time of deep grieving was one from the psalms:

You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. ~ Psalm 56:8
Perhaps you'll think about this verse the next time you are distressed. Like God saw Hagar, He sees you. He knows. He cares.

No comments: