The Vine is a community of people lingering with God, learning from God
and loving like God together in Humansdorp, Jeffreys Bay and St Francis Bay.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Meditation Monday - He sees you

We're having a look at Hagar today. This lady was very shabbily treated. Things went from bad to worse. I'm sure that you've been there.

Read the first part of her story here. We'll continue with it very soon. In this part of the story, God speaks with Hagar and she realises that He sees her.

Consider this today. No matter who you are, no matter where you are, no matter what kind of circumstances you find yourself in, like Hagar, God sees you. He loves you.

In Psalm 139, the psalmist cries out to God:

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.
When I read Jesus' tale about the lost son, I see this same kind of story again - His loving presence. Watching and waiting. And I hear Him saying gently "Whatever you've done, whatever you've become, come back. I love you."

No comments: