The Vine is a community of people lingering with God, learning from God
and loving like God together in Humansdorp, Jeffreys Bay and St Francis Bay.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friends Friday: Young friends

God talks to us in His word about children. It's clear that He loves them. When His Son was on earth, He welcomed them. He said that His Kingdom belongs to people like them. God's word says that out of their mouths He has ordained praise.

When I met my young friend Simone, she was still a child. I have learnt a great deal from her. I learnt about how to worship God with abandon. To be perfectly honest, I'm still learning that from her! I learnt, too, about how simple faith works. Just believing that God is who He says He is can change the way you live your whole life.

On Sunday, I will have the deep privilege of baptizing Simone. She has said that she believes in Jesus Christ, she loves Him and she wants to follow Him. On Sunday she will say that to the world. She will tell them what has already happened in her heart. I will be filled with joy.

We make it so complicated and convoluted. But really, it's simple.

How about you? Do you believe in Jesus? Do you love Him? Do you want to follow Him?

When will you nail your colours to the mast and be baptized?

-----

For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. Romans 6 verse 4

No comments: