The Vine is a community of people lingering with God, learning from God
and loving like God together in Humansdorp, Jeffreys Bay and St Francis Bay.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r wednesday - What are you asking for today?

Thou art coming to a King,
Large petitions with thee bring;
For His grace and pow'r are such
None can ever ask too much.

~ John Newton 'Ask What I Shall Give Thee'

Do we come boldly before the throne of grace? In our passage today, Acsah was very courageous in asking for further blessing - more than her share.

Joshua 15:13-19

This story reminds me of a couple of other passages - It's important to see what context these words are found in so that we don't get the wrong idea, so click through and read the passages for yourself. If you don't have a lot of time, just pick one and read that passage:

James 4:2b "Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it." Read more about it here.

John 14:13-14 "You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!" The rest of this story is found here.

John 15:7 "...if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!" Read more about this here.

What will you ask your heavenly Father for today?

No comments: